![]() |
| Poster |
Film Title: 'Operator'
Director: Caroline Bartleet
Genre: Suspense
Year: 2015
Length: 7 minutes
My expectation:
I expected the film to be about someone calling an operator, focusing on the victims side of the call, I believed that there would be one character and just a voice at the end of the line.
However, the film actually focused on the journey of the operator highlighting the struggles of the emotionally straining situations emerging services have to cope with everyday. Although it did just focus on one operator only hearing the victims voice at the end of the phone.
However, the film actually focused on the journey of the operator highlighting the struggles of the emotionally straining situations emerging services have to cope with everyday. Although it did just focus on one operator only hearing the victims voice at the end of the phone.
What I liked:
I really loved the contrast between the clam and kind performance of the operator to the panic in the victims voice. It was so difficult to watch as it showed the draining and heartbreaking nature of the jobs these people have to complete everyday. I loved how this film made me think and appreciate those people so much, the way the call abruptly ended and we were left watching the operator composing herself ready for the next call was heartbreaking and incredibly poignant for me.
I really loved the contrast between the clam and kind performance of the operator to the panic in the victims voice. It was so difficult to watch as it showed the draining and heartbreaking nature of the jobs these people have to complete everyday. I loved how this film made me think and appreciate those people so much, the way the call abruptly ended and we were left watching the operator composing herself ready for the next call was heartbreaking and incredibly poignant for me.
What I didn't like:
I thought this film highlighted its aims clearly, I wouldn't have changed a thing as it was perfectly portrayed.
I may use the focus on a singular person in my short film as I feel that it draws a viewer in to to that individuals story.
https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2016/04/01/operator/ - 'Operator'

No comments:
Post a Comment