![]() |
| Poster |
Film Title: 'The Arrival'
Director: Daniel Montanarini
Genre: Drama/Monologue
Year: 2016
Length: 5 minutes
My expectation:
I believed that the short film would focus on someone unexpected arriving, focusing on one character.
The film focused on an unplanned pregnancy and a women deciding whether to keep the baby or not. It is narrated solely by a voice over or internal monologue, where we get the chance to listen to a women making a difficult decisions on her own.
The film focused on an unplanned pregnancy and a women deciding whether to keep the baby or not. It is narrated solely by a voice over or internal monologue, where we get the chance to listen to a women making a difficult decisions on her own.
What I liked:
I loved the fact that anyone could relate to this film in one way or another as it focuses on someone who is making a decision in their head which we all do daily. It was charming how she notices things that throw her off course like spilling tea - things like that made it feel real. I also loved how personal the internal monologue was, which made me sympathise with her situation greatly. I also liked the effect of the camera zooming into her as it grew intense this made it feel personal. Lastly, I enjoyed the hazy effect the fogged up door made at the beginning as it made me feel that I was moving into someones mind.
What I didn't like:
I really enjoyed the whole film and I felt that it absorbed m din the story. I would say I would have liked to know what she was going to do at the end but that was a clear artistic choice not to tell.
Anything I may use?:
I would really like to use an internal monologue as I feel that that makes it so personal. I would also like to use technique of getting closer as the intercity grows as I think that draws a viewer in more investing them in the story.
https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2016/06/10/the-arrival/ - 'The Arrival'

No comments:
Post a Comment