![]() |
| Poster |
Film Title: 'Slap'
Director: Nick Rowland
Genre: Coming of age
Year: 2015
Length: 25 minutes
My expectation:
I believed that the film would focus on a person being bullied by a group of people.
However, it was far more complex than that. It followed the story of a boy who wanted to be something that society wouldn't let him be. This touched me as I felt that I began to understand the internal struggle this man was facing, and the damage society has done him.
However, it was far more complex than that. It followed the story of a boy who wanted to be something that society wouldn't let him be. This touched me as I felt that I began to understand the internal struggle this man was facing, and the damage society has done him.
What I liked:
I liked that the film tacked an issue that many cannot relate or understand. I felt that I because educated as I watched the film as I began to understand his struggle.
What I didn't like:
I didn't like the abrupt ending as it ended on a solemn note which could be seen as demoralising for someone watching in the same situation. However, it did highlight the need for change and the importance for acceptance.
Anything I may use?:
I want to take an issue that needs to be more widely understood. https://www.shortoftheweek.com/search/?q=slap - 'Slap'

No comments:
Post a Comment