Tuesday, July 23, 2019

'The Fly' - Olly Williams (2014)

Poster

Film Title: 'The Fly'
Director: Olly Williams
Genre: Dark comedy
Year: 2014
Length: 6 minuites

My expectation: 
I expected the film to be about a man being tormented by a fly who then eventually gets killed.

I was largely right with my prediction however, what made the film so hilarious was the bazar and mad nature of the mans determination which I could not predict.

What I liked: 
I really liked the three act structure, beginning calm and collected, climaxing as he shoots the fly then finally ending as the police arrived. This meant that by the end you too were relieved as you felt that you had experience it too. It was really impressive how being such a stressful thing to view it makes the too viewer feel angry, annoyed and exhausted while still disconnecting them enough to laugh about the situation. Also like Hitchcock  Williams used extreme closeups to heighten tension, which was achieved really well. 

What I didn't like: 
However, I didn't like that the film lacked meaning/moral this meant I didn't feel that I had learnt anything instead it was just a laugh to watch. 

Anything I may use?: 
I may use the extreme closeups in order to heighten tension in my piece.


https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2015/09/21/the-fly/ - 'The Fly'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Evaluation

My Short Film -  https://vimeo.com/user108942096/review/393405685/c23efd03c7