![]() |
| Poster |
Film Title: 'Echo'
Director: Lewis Arnold
Genre: Personal interest/True story
Year: 2013
Length: 17 minutes
My expectation:
I expected the film to be about an event that repeats itself and as it continues to progress we find out more.
The film followed a girl who cons members of the public with the same story daily, in order to get money. This was similar to my prediction, but explored it in a heartbreaking way.
The film followed a girl who cons members of the public with the same story daily, in order to get money. This was similar to my prediction, but explored it in a heartbreaking way.
What I liked:
I liked how the film played with the viewers emotions making us pity the girl but then dislike her when the truth is discovered. I found it really interesting how the film began with an observational shot then focused in on her using a medium. The way it began ambiguous then zoomed in was really effective as it highlighted that even though she was a normal person she had significants to the story. I also liked how they showed the complexities of crime and why people commit them, highlighting that not everyone who commits a crime is a bad person.
What I didn't like:
If I had to change anything it would have been just having more back story about her dad.
The opening observational shot that then changed to a medium shot that selected her out of the crowd, this I think could be effective to entice a viewer in to a characters story.
https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2014/03/29/echo/ - 'Echo'
https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2014/03/29/echo/ - 'Echo'

No comments:
Post a Comment